Hennigan's Heritage Centre
Killasser, Swinford, County Mayo, Ireland
Hennigan's Heritage Centre is situated in unspoilt countryside overlooking Creagaballa Lake 6.5km from the workhouse at Swinford where thousands of people from the region died during the 19th century due to starvation, and 20km from The Museum of Country Life, Turlough.
- Hennigan's Centre is a new and unique initiative in County Mayo. See and hear how this family survived on less than ten acres of poorish land for nearly 200 years
- Learn about historical sites & their influence on our culture
- Displays range from prehistoric to the 19th century land estates and tenants, through independence and into the present
- Use the Centre for a social event or special occasion: weddings, meetings, conferences - the hall, the reception room, or the cottage
- Take a tour of the Parish Community Display
- March to end of September - Open Daily 12am to 6pm
- Conducted Tours: 12 noon, 2pm, 4pm and 5:30pm
- Special Tours & Activities can be arranged
- Tea Shop
- Picnic Tables
- Free Car Park
About 8 km (5 m) from Swinford.
Take the N26 - Swinford-to-Ballina Road to the Moy River bridge.
Turn off at our sign and follow signs to the Centre.