Enniscoe Museum at The Mayo North Heritage Centre
Enniscoe, Castlehill, Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland
Once described as the last great house in North Mayo, Enniscoe House is an elegant Georgian manor house on Enniscoe country estate overlooking Lough Conn, in County Mayo in the West of Ireland - a region renowned for its wild and unspoilt landscape, its open peaceful spaces and its friendly welcoming people.
Enniscoe House is set in parkland and is surrounded by mature woodland, through which paths run to the lake
You can choose to wander around the Victorian walled garden and pleasure grounds, or take a boat out and try some fishing on Lough Conn. You will learn more about the local culture and traditions of Mayo when visiting the Museum and the Family History Centre on the estate.
The Mayo North Family Heritage Centre, situated on Enniscoe country estate, is dedicated to promoting the rich heritage of the region.
The centre is one of North Mayo's main attractions, incorporating:
- Museum displaying an impressive array of local farm and household artefacts
- Family History Research Centre, designated by the Irish Family History Foundation (IFHF), offering a service to people tracing their North Mayo roots
- Forge and Craft Training Centre dedicated to developing skills in ancient and traditional crafts
- The Tea room (closed October - Easter) with terrace overlooking the garden serves homemade soups, scones and pies.
All buildings are wheelchair accessible
- April to 31st October: Mon to Fri - 09.00hrs to 18.00hrs
- Weekends:14.00hrs to 18.00hrs
- November to 31st March
Genealogy: Mon to Fri - 09.00hrs to 16.00hrs