Belcarra Eviction Cottage
James Walsh's Family
Elmhall, Belcarra, County Mayo, Ireland
Here is a list of the Walsh family evicted from the cottage in Belcarra in 1886. The Images are of life-sized cutouts in the cottage produced by local artist Bridie Geraghty.
James Walsh (son of John Walsh) married his second cousin Margaret Devaney of Kilnageer (daughter of Michael Devaney) on 2 March 1864 in Belcarra RC Church (witnesses: Edmund Walsh and Mary Stanton) and had the children listed below:
- Mary Walsh. born 20 February 1865. baptised 26 February 1865 (sponsors: William Fadian and Bridget Gannon).
- John Walsh. baptised 29 July 1866 (sponsors: Martin Staunton and Bridget Fadian).
- Catherine Walsh. baptised 6 June 1869 (sponsors: James Conneely and Bridget Walsh).
- Margaret Walsh. baptised 6 July 1871 (sponsors: Patrick Devaney and Mary Devaney).
- Michael Walsh. baptised 26 November 1872 (sponsors: Thomas Fadian and Bridget Fadian).
- Edward Walsh. baptised 9 August 1873 (sponsors: Patrick Devaney and Ellen Brennan).
- Anne Walsh. born 19 December 1874
- Honor Walsh. baptised 11 September 1881 (sponsors: John Groorke and Catherine Groorke). This child must have died in infancy although no death record was located.
- Bridget "Delia" Walsh. baptised 11 June 1884 (sponsors: William Fadian and Mary Walsh).
- Honor Walsh. born 20 July 1887 (sponsors: Thomas Madden and Mary Walsh).
We are continually searching for any descendants of the Walsh family and any information would be appreciated.