De Burgo Chapel - Teampallín na Búrcaigh
The Chapel is a 17th Century addition with entrance from the Chancel of the Abbey. This is the sacristy area for the Abbey. It was built in or around 1629 after the death of Tíobóid na Long, first Lord Viscount Mayo and son of Richard de Burgo and Gráinne Mhaol (Priate Queen). It is the Mortuary Chapel of the De Burgoes of Mayo, Buried here also is the 2nd Viscount Mayo, 5th Lord Viscount Mayo, 7th and 8th Viscount Mayo.